Jenn's Episodes

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Easter Update...A Ben Harper Moment...Big News...and other tidbits from the weekend

Life seems to be moving really quickly these days - we have so much going on that I feel like I can't get a grasp sometimes... Before I go into my monologue about the weekend and other things, I wanted to let everyone know that Confirmation on Saturday night at St. Vincent's has been moved to 7pm - I repeat, 7pm - and one more time, 7pm...not 8pm like I originally mentioned. Sorry for the inconvenience of a time change but I'm hoping this will be easier on any of y'all that are coming... (BTW, Erin, I had no idea you went through this! We REALLY need to actually get together and stop saying we are going to but never do...miss you girl!)

This weekend was my first confession and wow, was I nervous! We had a great service prior to heading into the confessional that really put me at ease and made me feel better about what I was walking into - the priest described confession as a way of God giving us a big hug, telling us he knows we have sinned but it's ok and he forgives us...same as asking forgiveness, I guess, but with a bit more of a human touch. I'm glad it's over with - and I'm proud of myself for doing it...at least when people make Catholic jokes about confession I'll really be able to relate from now on. =)

My latest (and greatest) addiction is CSI - any of them...Miami, NY, Las Vegas - you name it, I watch it and I LOVE IT! It's getting to be a bit much though - I come home and get my "CSI Fix" as soon as I walk in the door...thank God for TEVO! Anyway, was watching last night and Ben Harper's "Walk Away" started to play in the background - talk about memories from way back when... There was a time when Ben Harper was playing in my car every single day of the week - funny how even just a melody from a song in your past can take you back to those moments... All I could think was how thankful I am that the theme song for my life now is so much happier than it was back then... Sometimes it's nice to look back on rough times to be able to appreciate (even more) how far you have come... I'm still a Ben Harper fan - just don't wallow in his music like I used to, don't wallow in any music for that matter - and that's a really great feeling!

Moving on, perhaps the biggest news of the weekend - I'M TAKING A NEW JOB! I will be working for one Mrs. Deb Merril (aka - Supermom, Superbusiness woman, Superwife - My Hero) at the company she helped create - Just Energy. She needed another internal sales person and also someone to come in and begin putting together a marketing plan for this young and growing company - HELLO...anyone that knows me well knows marketing has always been my true calling, not sales... And here's my big chance! I'm pumped about being a part of this team - it seems to be a place that I will be challenged to learn more and more everyday and I'm really looking forward to something new... However, I do think it is a little unsettling that my last day at ISP will be Friday, April 13th...yikes...hope that's no indication of a scary future! =) I'm not worried - this is the right thing to do and I'm pumped.

OK, enough babbling for now...my soon to be in-laws are coming into town this weekend for the big Easter celebration - should be a good time. I'll have pictures to post after the weekend with tales of all the fun things we're going to do!

Have a great week everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Congrats on the new job!! And all the great thing going on in your life right now! I am so proud of you.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home