Jenn's Episodes

Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend Review

Welcome to Jenn's Weekend in Review...and what a weekend it was - I have lots to share so bare with me!

Football consumed the majority of my days as it always does this time of the year. First off, let's talk about the Houston Cougars! We are 6 and 3, kids and do you know what that means - the Houston Cougars are bowl eligible...AND...with a 4 and 1 record in C-USA, we are in the running to be in the conference championship game - I am pumped!

This weekend was the busiest of my home football games as we had Capital One here to announce the winner of their Capital One Houston Mascot Challenge. For those who don't know, this is the client I signed on this year that I've been working really hard to keep happy - the women I work with on this account are AMAZING and I've had a blast getting to know them all... Capital One is a genius as far as I'm concerned when it comes to marketing - check out this website for more details on this past weekend's events www.houstonmascotchallenge.com . You can see that we had a blast with all the mascots - this is April, my co-worker and Mike, my manager and me - posing with most of the 15 finalists from the local Houston high schools, prior to the game on Saturday. After four months of planning, it was a huge success - all that was missing was YOU! Our attendance stunk for this game so I'm begging everyone to get out this upcoming Saturday and support your home team - UH Cougars play Tulsa at 2:30 pm in Robertson Stadium for the UH Homecoming game - I promise it'll be an entertaining day...contact me for more info about how to get tickets, etc.

Next on the docket - GOOOOO AGGIES!!! We are 8 and 1 and I am so proud and excited to see what happens next! I know a lot of people were a little concerned about the Baylor game and I am happy to say that we showed up and played the A&M football that Aggie fans expect from our talented football team. Big game this weekend against Oklahoma at Kyle Field - I'll be there in spirit as I work all day on Saturday...and don't forget, ESPN Gameday is coming to Aggieland...take advantage all you students and former students out there. This isn't something that happens often - ENJOY IT...it'll be worth getting up early, I promise!

Thought I'd put up a few fun pics from the College Station weekend we spent with my brother when A&M played Texas Tech... What a weekend! The loss sucked but we had a blast reliving our college days on Saturday night. It was great to spend time with my family and friends as always...loved it - don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time -cannot wait to go back again!

And, just a quick bit of props to my Cowboys - way to go Romo! While I'll admit that I'm a huge Drew Bledsoe fan, I will admit that the team of T.O. and Romo really made some things happen this week against Carolina... I was happy to see a different Cowboy team out there this week - much different than the cowgirls that took the field during Monday Night Football of last week... I'm sure you all remember that debacle.

OK, enough for now - much more later!

3 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

It looks like you had a fun weekend. I love the picture with all the mascots...who won?

7:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The winner was Tootsie the Tiger from Klein Collins High School - she is the 2006 Mascot of the Year! The 1st Runner up was Boomer the BearKat from Klein High School, 2nd Runner up was Big Will the Wolverine from Clear Brook High School and 3rd Runner up was Mustang Sally from Memorial High School. It was a blast! =)

5:43 AM  
Blogger ruthie said...

You look so hot in that picture with marc... your hair is so long... i'm going to start calling you Rupunzel.. ok maybe thats a tad extreme. :) I am so glad our colleg football teams are winnning... who knew?

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home