Jenn's Episodes

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Goodbye ISP Sports, Hello Just Energy, Hola Acapulco and more and more...

So it's been awhile since I've written - had a lot going on between ending one job and starting another. I was lucky enough to have a week in between my end date and new start date which flew by WAY TOO FAST but I'm really glad to have had the time off.

I finally decided on a photographer for the wedding - this is a HUGE relief, since I've been trying to figure this stuff out for the last couple months or so. Her name is Jane and her website is www.redshoephotography.com - she's awesome... The best part - I get to take a picture in my dress with red shoes for a book she's putting together to publish...pretty cool, huh? Anyone who knows me knows that I love red anything - ESPECIALLY red shoes. This was a match made in heaven, no doubt... =)

My last day at ISP was bitter...uhm, not bittersweet... I was sad to leave ISP and my clients because I LOVED THEM lots and I really liked what I was doing BUT...too many broken promises and poor management decisions that seemed to be detrimental to my career left me with no choice, at least that's how I felt.

My first day at Just Energy was a whirlwind and today is an extension of that same feeling - so many things to learn...am hoping that my brain will be cooperative in this expansion process as I try to soak up as much information as possible. I've actually started making flash cards so that I can remember definitions and learn the lingo associated with this industry - college all over again... Rachel - I need guidance, girl! Can't wait to pick your brain about energy and power and all that jazz...

During my week off I was lucky enough to spend some time with Erika and her sweet baby Isabelle - I can't believe that daughter #2 is just around the corner... Can't wait to meet her. I especially loved Isabelle constantly asking for Huddy, Huddy, Huddy - she loves her cousin Hudson, no doubt. It was sooo cute! Erika and I finally got to catch up, like old times - it was GREAT!

And, the biggest news I guess, would be the unexpected and spur of the moment trip Marc and I took to Acapulco. We literally booked our tickets and hotel on Tuesday afternoon and were flying to Mexico by Wednesday morning - woohoo! We had a blast - the hotel was a little noisy (with the karate convention for 400+ kids and families) and I've never heard so much mexican music in my life... But, of course, all of this stuff adds to the cultural experience - we got to lay around and do nothing by a gorgeous beach and pool, eating guacamole and chips and sipping on cool, frosty beverages...for this, I'm so thankful. We finally relaxed - and it was awesome. Below are some of my favorite pics - most of you have already seen them...hope you enjoy.

Have a great week everyone!
Hyatt Acapulco - Our Hotel Room
View from Side Balcony
One of the pools on property

Dinner Wednesday night at El Cabrito's (specialty dish was "Baby Goat Head" - I didn't try it)

Chillin' by the pool...

Dinner Thursday at La Perla to watch the famous Cliff Divers

Los Flamingos Hotel in Old Acapulco - past vacation spot of John Wayne amongst many others

Catholic Church in Center Square

Beautiful Ceiling...

Lots of taxi rides...

One of my favorites of Marc...

Hard Rock Cafe Acapulco - Dinner Friday Night

Saturday after a massage - can you tell we are exhausted in this pic? This was taken on our balcony...

More balcony pictures - so gorgeous

Dinner Saturday night at our favorite little eating place outside the hotel - Guacamole and Chips - YUM!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Looks like ya'll had such a great time! How awesome to be able to jump up and go like that. I need a vacation!!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger ruthie said...

I am glad you guys had so much fun. The pictures look amazing!

Yeaaaaaaaaa for no more ISP!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home