Jenn's Episodes

Monday, June 11, 2007

A New Week

Great news to report - Dad is finally out of the hospital and is doing ok... He's going to need to meet with lots of doctors in the next week or two and get some sort of system in place to make sure his blood stays where it needs to be. I'm just glad he's home. My Mom has a new job with Lyondell doing exactly what she wants to be doing so CONGRATULATIONS...this is great news for all of us! Good Luck Mom!

Had a fun weekend - spent some time with our friend Carlos who is heading back to Columbia next Monday. I am so sad to see him leave - hopefully we'll get to go visit him in the next year or so in his home country. Not sure how we are going to find an expert painter like him to take care of all of our painting projects...he's a great friend and we're really going to miss him in more ways than one! Good to see Jonathan and Blakely this weekend - we all went to the Aquarium for dinner on Friday night - had fun. Great food... Then headed over to Front Porch and enjoyed several hours with Jeff Malone and his lovely new fiance, as well as Amanda and her guy. Those two are a handful and are perfect for working with Marc - glad he's got such great people on his team. Had a good time - need to do that more often.

Saturday I got to see my long lost friends, Marci and Jarrod and Harold, who have all moved here from the D.C. area after being gone for quite some time. Heather - we missed you... Am looking forward to hanging more with this crew - they are great, fun people and I am sure we'll have a blast together in Houston. Welcome back to Texas, y'all!

Also on Saturday, guess what arrived at our house?... A new 50 inch plasma television - or should I say, Marc's new toy. =) I'll post pictures later on...it's beautiful. A Pioneer Elite, for any of ya'll who know about these things. I was clueless but we went to the Tweeter on Kirby and worked with Larry, the GM - he ROCKS. If you need any electronics of any kind, go see him and tell him we sent you - he is awesome and so helpful.

Let's see...only other thing I have to talk about are a) I think this whole Paris thing is ridiculous and I'm sick of hearing about it...she's crazy and it's getting worse, better be careful or she's going to be the newly shaved-head celebrity in the news - I predict a nervous breakdown is on the way...I feel sorry for her, but am so SO so tired of hearing about her; b) Did anyone out there watch the Sopranos last night...the end? WHOOAAA - what an ending... I think it was the best and worst ending I've ever seen on a series closer. IT WAS AWESOME!

OK, enough for now- I'm bored to death at work because yes, my system is still down...no email, little internet and no drive to work off of. We're at 3 days and counting now - talk about feeling unproductive.

Have a great week!

1 Comments:

Blogger ruthie said...

I am so glad your Dad is home! Answer to prayer for sure...

Oh and congrats on the plasma as well... can't you just SMELL football season around the corner? Whoop.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home