Jenn's Episodes

Monday, July 28, 2008

Seriously Sick

It's been an unfortunately eventful weekend for us as Dexter and I both came down with our own illnesses - no good! I got home on Thursday after not feeling so great all day to find my sweet little puppy broken out in hives ALL OVER... It was the weirdest, scariest thing ever as I had no idea what was all over my dog. So, instead of going straight to bed as I'd orginally planned, I scooped up Maddie and Dex and headed to the vet. Not sure what Dex got into but he was having a severe allergic reaction and unfortunately, is still having the same reaction even though 4 days have passed. We're giving him Benadryl and Marc took him back to the vet yesterday a.m. to get some stronger medicine as he can't seem to kick these hives. Vet thinks he ingested something that is just taking it's time getting out of his system...ugh. You can see from the pics below that it's pretty severe - poor pup.

As for me, I managed to make it into work on Friday but was definitely on my way downhill between running nose, sore throat and ears and just feeling very fatigued. I got home Friday and went straight to bed - my fever went from 99 up to almost 102 in a matter of two hours which was really scary. Marc was at a work function and I started to flip out - thanks Jen and Mom Futral for helping me on Friday night. I was definitely in freak out mode and feeling miserable... When the fever hadn't broke by Saturday morning, Marc and I decided to head to the doctor where I was diagnosed with a viral infection that had escalated into a bacterial infection (uh....gross). Said I could have picked it up anywhere - subway, plane, taxi, etc... Solution? Have some antibiotics and take it easy, expect not to feel well for awhile as it takes time to take it's course. Am happy to report no more fever but still feeling very under-the-weather - my cough sounds BAD and makes my whole body shake. It's no fun, at all. If only I could sleep a few more days - I just can't wait to be back at 100% and feel better.

Marc and Maddie have been running the house, taking care of their sick family members. Maddie probably thinks we're all crazy at this point as everything is fine and happy in her world - thankfully. Marc has been the perfect husband although I'd expect nothing less - he's definitely done a great job of taking care of the two of us.

That's all from here - hopefully next blog I'll report we are all in good health. Until then...have a good week everyone.



3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Poor things. Hope you feel better soon!!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Mama said...

Sorry you aren't feeling good! Cassie had the same kind of reaction a couple of years ago and wound up with hives...darn dogs, they get into everything!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Looks like you had one of your mom's looks on your face when your picture was taken with dexter!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home