Jenn's Episodes

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Introducing Jenn's Top Ten

Jenn's Top Ten - Numero Uno

Top Ten Signs that We are Living in NYC
10. Marc's baseball game is cancelled due to the 'heat wave' and fear of 'heat exhaustion' in the 97 degree weather outside. Apparently New Yorkers have never visited the south during baseball season.
9. Maddie and Dexter are encouraged and applauded for poop/pee on side of road and scrutinized for 'doing their business' in the grass. After all, homeless people sleep on that grass - I should be more considerate.
8. My neighbor is a world famous super model - and I'm not kidding - enough said.
7. Temperature Malfunction Issues - Office space in the winter weather: 30 inside, 35 outside. Office space in the summer weather: 100 outside, 80 inside. Sweat anyone?
6. My 650 square foot apartment recieved a - Wow, you've got so much space! - comment yesterday.
5. The closest post office or mailbox to my office is on the 7th floor of Macy's at Herald Square - the highest people volume store in NYC. This always poses the question - do I REALLY need to mail that today?
4. Today I 'grabbed' lunch at Subway (2 short blocks) and a drink at Starbucks (1 short block) - left office at 12:30 pm - returned at 1:45 pm... I might starve around the holidays - too many people - too long lines.
3. Good Morning America Concert Series is a regular stop in my monthly activities - it's becoming normal to be up at 4am to check out my favorite bands live in concert at GMA around 7:00am or so on a monthly basis - weird.
2. Last night while walking the dogs, I came across the homeless people who normally are sleeping in the sacred grass that Mad and Dex aren't allowed on - this time though, they weren't sleeping, they were having sex. Yes I'm serious, Yes I saw them in the act - and No, I don't want to talk about it.
1. I lived in Auburn, Alabama for an entire year and had 4 friends total that visited - Marc, Adam, Jake and Marisa. I've lived here for less than six months and if my count is correct, have had a minimum of 15 people stay with me/visit our apt - some multiple times. All out-of-state, NYC tourists - er - uhm - what I mean is - friends coming up to visit Marc and Jenn. I can't imagine why I didn't have the same high volume friend/family traffic in Auburn! =)

Hope y'all enjoy the first top 10 - more to come as the opportunity presents itself. Have a great Tuesday!

3 Comments:

Blogger ruthie said...

LOL that is a GREAT top ten my dear! And I am sorry to admit I am guilty of #1. But I would love to see u wherever you lived. Love you.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What am I ??? Chopped Liver ???
I came to see you in Auburn and took you to lunch.

Grannie

4:06 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

OH my gosh Jenn, the top ten are too funny!! What a great job you did with that!!!
Love you Lots!!!!!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home