Jenn's Episodes

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Catching Up

I know it's been too long - I've been thinking about it - taking pictures for it - making mental notes on a day by day basis...just haven't been able to get myself to actually DO it....blog, that is. So, here I am - November was a really hard month and December is looking like it might be somewhat challenging too. However, we LOVE the holidays in this family and though it's hard being away from home, we're looking forward to a Merry Christmas and a VERY Happy New Year. 2009 can't come soon enough - lol... Mom, Dad and Brother are heading up next week so I'm also really looking forward to that - can't wait to 'Kick It Up a Notch' with our NYC site-seeing during this holiday season. Though it admitedly might be so cold that it's painful outside, this New Yorker has to admit that there is something magical about being here during the Christmas season.
And so, here we go - let's start with pre-Thanksgiving activities and pictures and I'll work my way up-to-date.

First. NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK. Yes, that's right - my sweet husband, in the midst of the stress of November, surprised me with NKOTB tickets! You might think I'm crazy but I was the girl who never got to actually go to a NKOTB concert and this was finally MY CHANCE! Edna and I had a ball together at Madison Square Garden, sold out concert and an awesome show - probably the best girls night out I've had in a long time, and oh-so needed!

Check out all those cell phones...

(above) He's STILL my favorite. :-)

This was my favorite shirt of the evening...

Thought this was a great shot of The Garden...sold out with NKOTB singing in the middle on a revolving stage - LOVED IT.

Second. WVU. Yep, that's right - Marc, Byron and James are all fans of the West Virginia Mountaineers so we headed to a game watching party at The Hill NYC and had a blast. This was also our 'See Ya Later and Good Luck' to James who headed off to Iraq the next week. James is in the military and now serving through April - we're all looking forward to his safe return. Here's some pictures of our group - this is our crew here in NYC (minus Ed - we missed you)...we're lucky to have found such great friends!

Third. PUPPIES. Here's the last of the puppy pictures from the Oct/Nov timeframe that I wanted to share. These two are a constant joy - so sweet and loving. Oh to be a dog for one day - haha - if only I had the energy, never-ending happiness and fantastically humorous characteristics of our Maddie and Dexter. Hopefully these pictures will give you a laugh as they did for me and Marc.

I walked into the bathroom to find this - couldn't help but laugh, I guess Dexter just really likes his bath time. It's as if he was saying, "Hi Mom - ready for my bath!"

This is my favorite picture though - I could just see the "I didn't do it Mom" look in Maddie's eyes....haha

OK, that's enough for now - hopefully this will slowly start to catch you up, I promise to continue the updates over the next few days. I'm hoping to be back up-to-date by the time Mom and Dad and Brother get here on Thursday...keep your fingers crossed, we shall see!

Have a great week everyone. Remember to count your blessings. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Rose said...

Mom went and saw NKOTB and Madonna in September with some girls from work! I'll email you some pictures.

I love you!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got to see NKOTB when I was in Jr. High, but me and my sister went when they came to Houston. BEST Girls Night out HANDS DOWN!! The bars around Toyota Center were crawling with ladies in their late 20's and 30's.... SO AWESOME... I can only imagine the fun in NYC!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home