Jenn's Episodes

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Macy's Flower Show 2008

My new job is located smack-dab in midtown Manhattan, directly across from the largest Macy's department store EVER. It is 9 stories tall (at least that's how many I've been to so far - not sure if there are more) and stretches over two long avenues - to say in short, it's HUGE. Every year Macy's turns into a garden of beautiful trees, plants and flowers (11 gardens and 30,000 different varieties of trees, flowers and plans, to be exact) to kick off Spring... For those of you in New York, you know Spring hasn't made it here yet but that didn't stop Macy's Flower Show - it is up and in full bloom - and directly across the street from me all-day-long as I mentioned. This makes lunch time fantastic - not only can I go shop at one of the largest department stores in the world, I also get to see these spectacular displays and smell the sweet scents this Macy's Garden brings! Although my work location isn't exceptionally kind to my bank account, it's ok because while I might be broke, I still get to shop at the most amazing department store with the most beautiful displays in the best city in the world. Now, I just don't think I can get any luckier than that! Here's some pictures of the Flower Show - hope you enjoy!
(My favorite - by far - SO BEAUTIFUL...)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing. I would have liked to have gone to the Flower Show when Martha Stewart was there to kick off the show! I think it will be great when her line will be available on 1-800-Flowers.com this Spring - I need some creative arrangements in my house!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yep - that would have been cool to see her cut the ribbon. I read about it too late to know she was doing it - I don't care what anybody says, I love Martha Stewart! She's one of the most creative ladies around! =)

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Love her! Did you see her show this morning? She showed the flowers she designed for 1-800-flowers.com. They are so pretty - http://ww21.1800flowers.com/landing.do?landing=17
I want to order some and bring a little bit of Martha into my house!!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home