Jenn's Episodes

Monday, March 17, 2008

Hotel Magnone - OPEN for Visitors

This past week was super busy around here as we had multiple visitors in town - for those who read the blog, you may remember me mentioning my brother, Christopher being here from Tuesday through Sunday. What you don't remember -because I forgot to mention, as I was candidly reminded, is that our friend AMANDA was coming to town over the weekend as well, to visit her best friend, Stephani. For those who don't know AMANDA - Meet AMANDA! =)

Now that we've cleared up my online blunder, I also wanted to mention that Marc's Dad stopped by on Sunday as well, heading home from Germany, so we got to spend a couple of hours with him after Christopher headed out. It was a VERY busy weekend but it was also FANTASTIC - we love having our friends and family in town and this past week was no exception!

Christopher has officially been bitten by the Red Apple bug - he didn't want to leave on Sunday and I didn't want him to. While we all know New York City and MY company are both amazing pastimes, his gloomy face while crawling into the yellow cab could possibly have had something to do with the 5 page paper due by 11:45 am on Monday that had not been started as of 1:00 pm Sunday, Eastern Standard time. =) I did hear from him today and he managed to tackle the paper about 20 minutes before it was due - good job baby bro!

We really did have a lot of fun and I actually got to do some sight-seeing that I hadn't been able to yet. Enjoy the pictures - thanks to all of our visitors this week, we wish you would have stayed longer...or maybe you could just move here... I mean, just a thought... =)

Our lazy cab ride to the train station, heading to Times Square
Christopher's first ride on the C train, heading to Times Square after our lazy cab ride. He became an expert with the train system, probably could teach his sister a few things, as always.
Brother and Sister - aren't we cute!?
Times Square
Toys R Us Farris Wheel in Times Square - it's three stories tall
INSIDE the store! I can't wait to ride it!
Times Square
Chris at the M&M Store...every color, size and type of M&M
your chocolate-loving heart desires....
This is Juniors, located in Times Square - one of the best dessert locations I've ever been to. Dad saw a Bobby Flay Throwdown on the Food Network here at Juniors - they make over 7,000 cheesecakes a week! Below is the huge, fantastic Red Velvet Cheesecake we shared - YUMMY!
Here's Cristopher - doesn't this look like an ad for Junior's? Just needs to lose the Adidas hat and the branding would be perfect!
That's Christopher in front of Madison Square Garden and the WaMu Theater- didn't realize how bright that board was until I couldn't see him anymore in the picture!
So for anyone who has ever thought - hmmm, going to the Empire State Building sounds kinda boring...we'll save that 'til last to do while sight-seeing - WRONG! I too felt the same dread and non-desire to go BUT I have to say that after Christopher and I went on Wednesday night, it might be my favorite tourist attraction in Manhattan! I know that's a strong statement, but you just have no idea how beautiful this view is - it is incredible, these pictures do not do it justice - at all... If you are coming to NYC anytime soon, make this a priority - just be sure and go at night - the view is breath-taking...
Here's Uncle Chris, bonding with his niece and nephew - they knew who he was as soon as they saw him, they went crazy! They made themselves confortable, as always - how cute is Maddie sound asleep in Chris' hand?
Brother met me after work on Thursday and we walked from 34th Street
up to 52nd, right into Central Park...
Above is a shot of the newly renovated Crown Royal Plaza - it's been shutdown for two years to make all these renovations - it was gorgeous before, I can't imagine how amazing it must be now!
We wanted to go ice skating but didn't have enough time so this picture in front of the rink would have to do - we didn't want to be late to our reservations at Serendipity!
On Friday night we went to see A Chorus Line - it was ok but definitely there are better shows out on Broadway right now... We owe you a good show Brother! Not surprisingly, after the show, we met up with Amanda and Stephani for more cheesecake - at Junior's.
Told you it was good!
On Saturday we headed over to Little Italy and after the tastiest pizza ever at Lombardi's, America's oldest pizzeria, we headed over to Ferrara Rochet's - let me tell you something, I thought we'd already found all the best dessert places in NYC but clearly, after the pics you'll see below, we were wrong! Check out this place - sweets, cannolis, gelato, bavarian cream, fudge...my oh my oh my!
The picture above is for little Miss Isabelle - she's so sweet, they named a sweet after her! =)


We had an awesome time this weekend - can't wait for the next trip! Love you Brother!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home