Jenn's Episodes

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hairspray

Last night Marc and I headed to Broadway to see our first play together in NYC - HAIRSPRAY! It was so SO so good - I loved it! We had so much fun - the cast did a fantastic job and included some stars that Marc and I were excited and surprised to see:

Anyone remember O-Town (Ruth...I know you do) and this handsome fella? Ashley Parker Angel played the role of Link Larkin, the Hairspray teenage heartthrob.
How about this blast from the past - a little Tevin Campbell anyone? Tevin played Seaweed Stubbs and did an awesome job. I think Marc liked the play more just because Tevin Campbell was in it.
And now - drum roll please - NNNNOOORRRMMM! Yep, that's right - George Wendt, best known for his famous roll in Cheers all those years, played the roll of Mrs. Turnblad - yep, he was playing a lady! He was absolutely hilarious - I haven't laughed this hard in a long time - so great to see him on stage.
I highly recommend this show to anyone who loves the sixties and all the crazy things that era was about - LOVED IT!


4 Comments:

Blogger ruthie said...

Oh thats SO fun!!! And you knooooooooow I do remember O-Town - and Ashley Parker Angel even went solo a year or two ago. Hotness!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! Neil Simon, Broadway...wow! now that is NYC living!! You guys look great in the picture. Glad you had such a great time!!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Cool- so much fun!! I used to love Tevin Campbell back in the day!

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Marc look so good. Keep up the Play-by-play about yourselves and NYC. Keeps all of us so close to you'all.

Love Grannie

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home