Jenn's Episodes

Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Few Tidbits...

So, Thursday night it started snowing - and kept snowing - and kept snowing - and then started raining - and kept raining - and now, everything is wet and slushy and FREEZING...... Yep, this is what all you winter visitors have to look forward to - get excited! Yesterday I stepped out of a cab, thinking just how smart I was for wearing my flats instead of sporting my heels in the messy, ridiculous, weather outside ONLY to sink my cute little black leather-clad feet into a slushy, gray, ice puddle that covered not only the foot, stockings and shoe but also the rest of my leg, up to the bottom of my shin. Now I will tell you - I truly know what the term 'ice cold' means... I then casually walzed over to the sidewalk in front of the hundreds of people walking by acting as if I TOTALLY knew that I was sinking my feet into to gross, wet, slush on the side of the road and it was not a big deal. My toes were screaming at me but no one else needed to know.
These are the things that the glamour and glitz associated with moving to NYC fail to portray - but don't worry, I'm here to paint you the true, unbiased picture! =) Below are some pictures of the snow - it really is beautiful and fun... I can't wait to see Central Park covered in this blanket of white - hopefully it won't have all melted by the time we get there.


This is our block covered in snow!

Also noteworthy, Marc and I went last night to see RENT on Broadway with our friends James and Nina and it was awesome! This was my 3rd time to see it and Marc's first - we both loved it and yes, I cried when Angel died and when Mimi sang "Would you light my candddlllleeee" - it was a great performance.

Date night continued with a walk around Times Square - it's fascinating just to walk the blocks and see all the bright lights. It was 27 degrees outside but aside from that, it was so beautiful - Marc thinks I'm a dork because I love looking at everything so much... I think I'm cool. =)

We finished off the night with a late bite of sushi at Blue Fin - it was really good, great Yellowtail roll and Marc liked his Spicy Tuna Roll - Jen, we're definitely checking this place out when you're here. It receives two thumbs up from yours truly and yours truly's husband!

Some pictures below - enjoy!


Tix to the big show


Riding the train uptown to 42nd Street

RENT - At the Nederlander Theatre on Broadway

RUTH - take a very deep breath - this is what you have to look forward to when you come visit... a GIANT SEPHORA in the middle of Times Square... Wanna go?

Hershey's = YUMMMMM.

Inside the Hershey's store - so much choc-o-late......I could eat here - er - stay here forever!

The lights of Times Square

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

All I have to say is WOW!!!
New York City really agrees with you two. You look great!! Jenn, love the hat!!!!
Marc,where is yours?
Love you both,
Mom

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home