Jenn's Episodes

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Road Trip Recap - Easter 2008 in Weirton, WV

Marc and I decided to brave the roads of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virgina - we drove to visit the family for Easter holiday this year instead of flying, a first for this part of the Magnone family. Marc doesn't do well with being patient and enjoying things like long drives, scenery, etc although he had mentioned a couple of times how beautiful driving up here in the NorthEast can be. He was right! Although there were no leaves on the trees and everything was a bit barren, it was still neat to see all the tiny little towns nestled into the sides of mountains and hills. We enjoyed the drive and so did the puppies - they made themselves comfortable as they do wherever we take them! Most of the time they were in our laps but for awhile we got them to play in the back seat - these dogs had it made, full run of the car. They are so spoiled!


This was our first trip back to WV since last year around the same time so we got to do lots of family visiting and it was PERFECT... One thing you learn when you move far away is to really appreciate the time spent with your family and friends and this trip was no exception to that rule. Mom and Dad Magnone and Leslie and Bill all came in as well. We ate so much food that any of the weight I'd lost since being in NYC I'm certain has come back due to the pizza, sandwiches, chocolate, homemade wine, desserts, fried zucchini, potato salad, Hoho Cake, etc...the list goes on and on. Prior to meeting Marc, I thought my family ate really well - now I know that Italians bring a whole new caliber of cuisine to the table, not that my family food isn't just as great, it's just different and normally there isn't as much - haha. Regardless, no matter which side of the family we are with, Marc and I eat very well, too well actually, you can tell by the 'tight-around-the-waistband-but-I-think-I'll-have-another-anyway' look we both have going on right now. =)

And, for the biggest news of the Easter holiday - contrary to what you might think, there are 7 people in that picture, not six! I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!! Leslie and Bill are pregnant with the first (of I'm sure many...) grandchild and also my first niece/nephew and I CAN'T WAIT! I'm so happy for them both and am really excited about being the favorite aunt - after all, I already am to Isabelle and Eliza, right? Kidding - I'm just kidding Cara. =) Congratulations to Bill and Les - we are all excited and looking forward to the months ahead.
OK, that's all for now - here are some great pictures from the weekend. Enjoy them all - WV Family - we had so much fun seeing you all and never get to visit as much as we want to. Please come see us in NYC anytime - we would love to have you!

































Curious Dexter
Sleepy Doggies
Dexter helped Marc drive lots of the way
Aunt Leslie brought fun stuff for the pups including Doggie Cupcakes that they gobbled up really quickly and Easter outfits - thank goodness, I'd forgotten to get them any! =) They like them so much, they danced...fought...danced to celebrate!
Grandpa hanging with the pups
By the way, contrary to what it looks like, I DID wear other clothes besides my A&M sweatshirt all weekend, I promise! Also, please disregard my goofy faces in these last couple of pictures - I was tearing up because it was time to go. Goodbyes always get me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Congrats Leslie and Bill!! I am so happy for you guys! Jenn, you are going to love being an aunt. It's so much fun!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home