Jenn's Episodes

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Report

We had another great, fun-filled weekend here in town. Jay McPhillips and his friend Kate came up for the weekend to visit - we haven't seen Jay in almost two years as he's an old friend from my days at Auburn and now resides in Tuscaloosa with the Crimson Tide Alabama crew. The San Genarro Festival was this weekend in Little Italy so we headed over to Focalore's for dinner on Friday night. Highlights from the festival include trying fried Oreo's for the first time (surprisingly really good), stuffing ourselves with Italian cookies and watching Marc house an Italian sausage and peppers sandwich after dinner, making himself sick...or at least, very uncomfortable...lol.


Saturday we headed over to Yankee Stadium for the game before the last game in 'The House That Ruth Built'. It was a great game, won in the bottom of the 9th....so much passion and so many memories. I've only been going to Yankees games for about 6 months and I'm even sad to see the stadium go - I can't imagine how the long time Yankees fans must feel about this moment. It's definitely the end of an era and I hate to see it end. The new stadium will be cool but not sure it can ever match the feelings a person has when they walk into 'the original' Yankee Stadium for the first time...

By the way, I was seriously pumped up about the Aggie vs. Miami game on Saturday (ugh - can anyone say de ja vue?) so I was happy to wear my Aggie Football shirt. I got several reactions, including 'What's an Aggie?' but my favorite comment of the day was a loud GIG 'EM from the stands as I was walking out of Yankee Stadium from a fellow Aggie - felt like home for a split second and I had a giant smile on my face heading to watch 'the big game'. Never found a place (in all of Manhattan) carrying my game but the score updates on my blackberry were enough to let me know that I wasn't missing anything worth watching... Ugh.

Sunday we went to our first Giants game against Cincinnati and it was a great game too. Man I miss going and watching live football games SO MUCH - it was nice to be 'part of the action' again for a little while, even if I wasn't watching one of my beloved teams (How 'bout them Cowboys?).

Thanks to Kate and Jay for all the hook-ups around town...it was a fun weekend - thanks for hangin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home