Jenn's Episodes

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tidbits...

Lots going on right now so thought I'd write a few sentences about - well - everything.

1) My beloved Aggies fell to the stinkin' Oklahoma Sooners this past weekend after a hard fought match. I was very sad but after talking to my brother and remembering what it was like to be a student and feel that loss, was thankful that I'm a little older and more familiar with Aggie losses so I wasn't absolutely devasted as I used to be. It's interesting, the older you get - the more perspective you have on life and the things that are important... It is IMPORTANT to be proud of the Aggies because they played well - it is NOT IMPORTANT to wallow in the sorrow of this loss and not let it go until next season when we play each other again. Another big game is a few days away - let it go and concentrate on what's next!

2) This week at RCIA we learned all about Mary and the importance placed on her in the Catholic Church. While I love the idea of respecting this incredible woman for all she accomplished and the guidance she gave Jesus...it is hard for me to accept a couple of the Catholic revelations that I have learned about since I have been studying this subject. The Catholic faith believes that Mary lived a perfect life, with no sin...I find that hard to accept as my understanding and belief has always been that Mary was a strong Christian woman but still a human and therefore also must have sinned in her life. Also, the Catholic faith believes that Mary remained a virgin throughout her entire life...that she and Joseph never partook in love-making which is a gift given to us by God to let us humans be as close to our partners as humanly possible. While I respect these very interesting ideas, it is going to be hard for me to accept these details as true...I'm going to have to work on this one for awhile. Regardless, I do love that the Catholic church shows so much respect and importance to the woman that raised Jesus as a child... A mother is always responsible for her children and no doubt that Mary was an amazing Christian parent who deserves to be commended and well respected for her contribution to the Christian faith and the human life of Jesus Christ.

3) GO COOGS! Our UH Cougars are making a run for the Conference USA Championship as they are now 7-3 with a 5-1 standing in CUSA, which is best in the conference. PEOPLE - NOW IS THE TIME TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON... These guys are making things happen - it's time for you to be proud of your home team and get into the game... If the Cougars win out, we'll be hosting the CUSA Championship at Robertson Stadium this year. How bout them apples? Anyone getting excited yet? Hello - anyone?

4) Lastly, still lots of harsh things going on right now. A friend of mine found out on Saturday that her mother had passed away after a short battle with extensive cancer - another friend found out yesterday that his grandfather had passed suddenly - another friend is in the process of getting ready to go through the surgery of a lifetime, as they open her up to scrape out cancer on her intestines and then put her back together - another friend is struggling with family issues as her father prepares to go in and have an advanced cancerous stomach tumor removed in early December - My aunt has been diagnosed with cancer and is in the process of preparing for a round of very heavy chemo - and my very best friend is being admitted on Monday to have back surgery which we all hope and pray will help heal her body very quickly... And - really - that isn't all of the drama going on but probably the most important pieces for now. I say all of this to remind everyone to be thankful for your life and every day you live it. I also am asking for your prayers for all of these very special people in each of their specific and challenging situations.

While going through my grandparents house a couple of weeks ago and preparing to move my Grandma in with my parents, I found a piece of paper in my Pawpaw's old Bible... I have kept it with me since I found it and I treasure it... It is the summation of what Christ was for my Pawpaw and what He should be for all of us. It said -

The Lord is 3 Things...

1 - On My Side
2 - By My Side
3 - Give's Me Peace Inside

So simple and yet so telling - hopefully this will give you peace today as you all go through the individual struggles you face.

5) One last thing - to be very thankful for - I'm heading to Tampa on Wednesday to be at my soon to be sister-in-laws wedding and I'm so excited! This is something we've all been looking forward to for many months now and I can't wait to see her as a beautiful bride. She and Bill are so very happy together and it's a blessing to be around them and share in their very powerful and loving relationship. I really am looking forward to a great time - LESLIE, we are headed your way!

I'd love to post pics for you but blogger won't let me - it keeps doing this for some reason - sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home