Jenn's Episodes

Monday, November 20, 2006

Family Fun

What a great weekend! I went through my first Rite of the Catholic Church - my Rite of Welcoming... It was so nice to have Marc's family in town to be there as well as Deb, my sponsor and great friend, to support me during this ongoing life-changing experience. It's a great feeling to stand in front of a church congregation with a group of people and hear the warm welcomes and see the excited faces of those who are happy to hear of our decisions. It was a painless ceremony that held lots of meaning for me... Another great week in the Catholic church.

Also, Sister Virginia came to talk with us about the importance of prayer and how to pray...to always remember to thank Christ for all he's done for us and to remember to pray for others...to strive to build a relationship...remember to sit silently and not always be distracted...feel the peace that Christ offers in those quiet times. It was a GREAT lesson - I was so glad to listen to her and hear all she had to say.

Went wedding dress shopping as well this weekend - I'd be more than happy to post some pics BUT my dear, sweet fiance looks at this site and we all know the rule about the groom seeing his bride before the wedding... Soooo, no pics for you! But - I will tell you I found some beautiful dresses...one inparticular that made my heart start beating really fast and my stomach hurt... I think in dress language that is considered "the one"... It's a little on the pricey side so we have to see if we can work it out - it is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. I'll keep you updated on progress there.

Last in my report on this weekend, and probably most importantly, Marc's parents came in for a relaxing weekend and we had so much fun. Saturday Mrs. Magnone got to go dress shopping with me and my grandmothers - a true family experience. And then, Saturday night, my Mom and Dad and Brother came out to go to dinner at Fogo de Chao with the Magnones. All that was missing was Bill and Les...we had a really great time. I'll post some pics above - it was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the next time we can all get together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home